You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, August 16, 2019

Rising to Your Station

I became a father when I saw 25. I'm now 50 and my eldest is 25.

Having children was an honor. I did my best to be a good father.

Part of that involved some fundamental changes in the way I lived my life.

I didn't cuss around my kids. I wasn't naive enough to think they'd never cuss, but I didn't want them learning it from their dad.

I didn't drink around my kids. I knew that alcohol relieved my social anxiety and likely made me a more approachable person, but I didn't want my children seeing me intoxicated.

I did this for 14+ years. I did this because it was the mature adult thing to do. It was natural. I don't know how anyone could do anything differently.

Before I get into politics, let me set a few things straight. I don't know any "famous" people personally. They may be completely different in person rather than how they are presented to us on the boob tube (or Facebook as the case may be).

In all my life, I've never liked Hillary Clinton and I've never liked Donald Trump. The fact that one won the presidency over the other is like a subtle nightmare come true. I'm so extremely moderate, I believe anyone not in favor of moderation and compromise should be castrated.

The biggest problem I have with Donald Trump is him making a mockery of the Presidency. It's a prestigious station and the station should be honored (much like fatherhood). His twitter account makes him sound like a defensive spoiled brat looking for confirmation on how good looking he is. It's embarrassing.

Now, I know that anti-politics-as-usual is what got him elected. But, once you are elected, you rise to your station. Save your secret inhibitions for the privacy of your boudoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment