- As my avid fan knows, I enjoy cruises. They are a carefree relaxing journey where you are stuck on a ship (a rather large ship) with the same people for a week.
- As anyone with a half-tuned ear to the news knows, there was recently a cruise ship disaster off the coast of Italy.
- According to my last post, I really really want hardwood floors in my house (so I can skate).
- Carnival recently announced they are giving $15,000 to each "uninjured" passenger on the cruise ship that sunk.
- All of my sailings have been with Carnival.
Therefore, it is time for me to start booking cruises. It's like a $400 lottery ticket and even if I don't win the lottery, I still get a vacation out of it.
I think I'll book my first one in April. I wonder if the odds of winning go up for Mediterranean cruises? I would do Alaskan ones, but I'm not sure $15k would be worth the risk of hypothermia even if I did pack my 7 mil wetsuit. Plus the cost of purchasing a lottery ticket would increase significantly. I'll probably have to stick with my $400 lottery tickets and sail the Caribbean.
I wonder if I could pay off the Captain of my next cruise ship. "Could you graze that rock over there and give me an hour to change into my wetsuit? Maybe for $100?" Do you think that would negatively impact my payoff?