You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stupid Texas Laws

I know that some of you avid readers of my random BS will appreciate this posting as a small horrifying step into the mind of Gar.  I would add pictures, but, as you'll read shortly, I couldn't find an appropriate depiction.

Today on the radio they announced that the Texas Congress is trying, for the third time, to make bestiality illegal.  The DJ's were, of course, alarmed that this was their third try.  It seems it should be an automatic pass.  I listen to Russ Martin for my entertaining news source.  It's probably not the safest source of news.

Anyway, I'm thinking, "really!?"  We need a law for that?  I mean doesn't animal cruelty laws already kind of have that covered?  And what would the punishment be?  You're sitting in a jury, of your equally nauseous peers, while you decide whether the defendant should spend 30 days in jail after they have the hoof print removed from their forehead?  Really?

What do they use for proof?  Eyewitness accounts?  If you're an eyewitness to that, then I'd think you might have some issues as well.  The poor defenseless animal is not going to be able to make a court appearance.  Of course, maybe out of work veterinarians are pushing for it to pass so they can get into the DNA field and be expert witnesses (shudder).

All joking aside.  Okay, not really, I can't seriously say all joking aside.  It never happens that way.  But, seriously, shouldn't they spend more time passing laws preventing the brainwashing of children by organized religion?  It seems that this would be more beneficial to "the people".

11 comments:

  1. You're not still in that relationship with a goat, are you? Is that what is behind you not wanting Texas to pass a very much needed, very necessary anti-bestiality law?

    And on a totally unrelated note, did you know that "your" is a possessive pronoun? And that the words "you" and "are" can be contracted as "you're"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah. I gave up the goat thing when they started to try and pass the law 3 years ago. I figured a clean break was best for both of us. I didn't want the impending government ruling to way heavily on our compassionate minds.

    I had no idea about possessive contractions. Are you sure that is "totally unrelated"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No possessive pronouns have nothing to do with the possessive contractions you used to have with your well-love goat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized I used the wrong form of weigh. I must have been tired. It's a good thing I wasn't two tired or I would have been a bicycle.

    Bahhh to you too ;-b

    ReplyDelete
  5. AIDS is a disease that crossed the human-animal barrier when someone used monkey kidneys to make polio vaccine. That's just one disease. Can one image what is going to happen when dozens of diseases get spread?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you implying that I could have caught an std from my goat loving days? I'm decidedly horrified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why are we (humans) assuming the animal in question is being harmed not (tho oddly) LOVED ? WHERE DID WE DRAW A LINE BETWEEN LOVINGLY HANDLED and sexually exploited ? I have no tendencies in that direction...But ???Seriously how do we decide that ? Gar I doubt your goat gave you an STD review your dating history..its much more likely. Just wandering through the far side. A senior community recently decided that a sheep was NOT a pet and separated an elderly man from his "long time companion". Are both not hurt ? the sheep no longer has H.D. TV and the old dude all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lost all credibility with me when you decided to call religion "brainwashing."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, I said, "organized religion". And if you think religion isn't brainwashing, then you, my dear anonymous buddy, have been brainwashed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. apostrophes might indicate you are possessive of that goat with whom you are committing that immoral act.

    ReplyDelete