You May Be Missing Something!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

House of Blues and Cadillac Sky (The Experience)

image As some of you cleverly observant readers may know, I went to see Cadillac Sky last Thursday night.  Cadillac Sky is, by far, my favorite “Bluegrass” band.  I use the term Bluegrass lightly.  They claim to be bluegrass and they have a bluegrass sound, but they are so much more.  They have roots in Fort Worth.  If you get a chance, you should definitely go check them out.

When I go out to events such as these, it is my life’s mission to make a memorable experience.  Thursday night was no different.  I was in “rare” form.  I went with Sal and his wife and his wife’s mom.  It was one of those, “buy 2 get 2 free” deals.  I bought the tickets and they agreed to drive and buy dinner and the first round of drinks.

Sal, of course, parked illegally.  I got out and went up to a well dressed man standing outside the House of Blues.  He was standing in front of what I’ll call a “side entrance” (like a well-dressed guard).  I asked him where the best place to park was and then conveyed these instructions to Sal so he could fix his illegalities.

Then I went back to the doorman and asked him if he’d let me in the side door if I knew the secret handshake.  He said, “Yeah, but it’s a top secret handshake and I can’t let you in unless you get it right”.  I told him I had to wait on the rest of my group and then I’d produce the required handshake.

Whilst they were arriving I asked him if there was really a secret room in the House of Blues.  And there is!  It’s called the Foundation Room and only members are allowed in (thus the secret handshake).

Using a bit of my infinitely amazing charm, he agreed to give us the secret bracelets that allowed us into the Foundation Room.  It’s basically the third floor of the House of Blues and apparently every House of Blues at every location has one.

I don’t quite know how to describe it.  It’s like leaving the USA and entering an Indian Temple.  There are a few pictures at the link above.

I, of course, went immediately to the bar where the bartender was very good and very friendly.  He took our orders, made our drinks and was accepting of my witty banter.  Enough to where he agreed to give us the 30 minute tour of the area.  We got to see special prayer rooms, special backstage areas, special dining areas, etc.  It was an amazing place.

We hung out there so long that we missed the opening act.

They ushered us down to the (I believe it was called) Cambridge room for the actual concert.  There we witnessed Cadillac Sky.  At some point some crazy blonde woman started doing the grind on me from behind.  I didn’t get a good look at her before her boyfriend or husband or someone pulled her off me.  She was like a dog in heat.  It was scary.  I don’t think she was unattractive though.  Scary is not always bad.

Cadillac Sky has been invited to participate in the Sailing Southern Ground cruise leaving Tampa on September 2.  If I didn’t already have plans for Labor Day Weekend and if I hadn’t already spent all my fun money for the next 10 years I’d be there!  There’s going to be some good bands on that boat!

Here are some festive pictures for your viewing pleasure.  I am not pictured in any of them.  Sorry about the blur.  My hands shake.  Really.  The sweaty guys are from the band.

image

image

1 comment:

  1. Cool~! and the Foundation room is really tempting. :) *bisous*

    ReplyDelete