You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stupid Weekly Update (The Stupid Top 10 – or 4)


Instead of a weekly update, I figured I could share with you a few stupid things I’ve discovered recently and not so recently.

#4 – All-way stops. I think USA may be the only country to possess such atrocities. They bring out the stupid in all of us. I saw a head on collision at a four-way stop on my way home from work the other day. How does this happen? Roundabouts are the way to go. Of course, they have roundabouts near where I live and they put stop signs at the entrance. I’m not sure which is more stupid (all-way stop or a roundabout with stop signs).

#3 – Montee Ball suffered an unprovoked attack by 5 males. It’s not his fault. It’s the news. Is 5 males the best description they could come up with? Did all 5 of them appear naked or did they all drop trou during the attack? How did he know they were male? It all seems rather odd. Way to go news media! It actually appeared this way on the NBC TV headline news. “Montee Ball attacked by 5 males. Could have concussion”. I wonder how that investigation is going. They haven’t questioned me yet. I really think it’s some kind of feigned political correctness gone wrong.

#2 – Texting and driving. At least when people drink and drive you can safely hope they may return to some semblance of intelligence after they sober up. And it’s not just the fear of accidents mind you. It’s the stupid ass in front of you going ten miles per hour under the speed limit while slowly weaving over the center stripe (to avoid hitting the curb) while he texts.

#1 – Chick-fil-A. I’m scared to even get started on this one. Are we all expected to shop based on the beliefs of the owners? That’s going to require a lot of work. The only people profiting from this fiasco are the owners of Chick-fil-A. I say if you like a small chicken sandwich with 2 pickles for $10, then eat there all you want.

You’ll probably be texting and driving en route. “I’m headed to Chick-fil-A. I don’t like their sandwiches, but I want to show them, by waiting in line an hour for one of those nasty morsels, that I believe the same narrow minded way they do! OMG! I must keep this short. The guy behind me is flipping me off because I’m driving slow and weaving into his lane. LOL!” or to keep things fair, “I’m headed to Chick-fil-A to protest their narrow mindedness because I’ve got no life, nothing better to do, and I narrow mindedly believe everyone should believe the same way I do. OMG! I must keep this short. The guy behind me is flipping me off because I’m driving slow and weaving into his lane. LOL!”

You can ask my kids. I’ve never liked Chick-fil-A. Chick-fil-A's narrow minded beliefs have nothing to do with it.

Forgot to mention this was 5 of n. For those counting along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment