You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Gas Lines and Food Allowance

I had to share my experience on the way to work this morning...

I rounded a corner and there was a huge line of cars at a local gas station. My first thought was, "I wonder if they are giving away free gas or something."

As I drove past, I noticed that gas was $3.79 per gallon. Most stations in my area are at about $3.95 per gallon.

I started doing the math in my head. Here you have a line of cars (idling or not) waiting in line to fill up with gas that is 16 cents per gallon cheaper than anywhere else. If we assume that the average tank hold 15 gallons, then these people are waiting in line to spend $56.85 instead of $59.25 down the street where they don't have to wait in line.

So my question to you is: how long would you wait in line if the person at the end of the line was handing out $2.40?

No comments:

Post a Comment