You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, July 27, 2012

Weekly Update (4 of n)

Yes, I know. I said I was going to change the title of my blog this week. It's been one of those weeks. Even now I'm thinking about going to the bar and having a few drinks.

Last Friday I flew to Idaho. It was my first time in Idaho. Boise surprised me with it's plethora of cool bars with good micro-brews. In one city block I found twice the number of beer selections I can get anywhere in downtown Dallas. It made me sad.

In Boise I met one of my gal pal's friends from high school. I remember doing karaoke at some scary bar. But, they had a touch screen karaoke selection machine which I had never seen before. Apparently Boise karaoke is more technologically advanced.

On Saturday I met one of my gal pal's sisters in McCall. Actually, it was her sister's alter-ego. We lovingly called her Stacy. Or was that Stacey? That's only funny to me, but I wrote it anyway. The other person who reads this is going, "Huh?" I think I may have almost gotten in a fight with some strapping young man. I'm not sure of the details. I think Stacey may have shoved him for leering at her sister and/or to touch his pecs.

It's kind of funny I've been dating my gal pal for almost 2 years now and I've yet to use her name in my blog. I might have to come up with a nickname to make things more readable. It's become kind of a game.

On Sunday I went rafting. Durango would have been proud. Twelve miles of rafting down the Salmon River with nary a vapor attack. I enjoyed rafting a lot more than I thought I would. Now, the rafting and the beer are making me think I've been living in the wrong place all my life.

Sunday night I spent in the McCall emergency room. It would make this more funny if I said it was a vapor attack, but it wasn't. I was like the ambulance driver for someone else. She'll continue to be nameless. And it wasn't my fault. Really.

On Monday I met the gal pal's other sister. As far as I know she doesn't have an alter ego. Thanks for asking.


At some point a white tailed deer walked into the backyard. I've never witnessed anything like that before either. It was pretty awesome. I was video taping hoping it would attack and I could get some good video footage.

Monday night it dipped down below 40 degrees. Tuesday we hung out in a hippie hollow and drank moonshine by the tee-pee. It was surreal. I enjoyed it. Then we drove back to Boise so we could fly home.

Work is irritating me more than usual. I almost yelled at my boss when he asked how things were going. I've got a short fuse. I did find out I'll be going to Scotland first (Edinburgh) instead of England. I've heard it's a cool place. I'll be spending about a week there before going down into England. Wish me luck.

I can't think of anything funny to end with. Durango accused me of using too many cliches. I think it's funny because I can't even spell cliches. He also said something derogatory about ending sentences with prepositions. Silly boy, prepositions are for kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment