You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Since Yesterday

Don't get too excited about my new blogging style. I'm already getting bored with it. I have some very serious matters to bring to your attention before I am done though.

I'm not going to do it today.

Yesterday, after my doctor's appointment, I spent about an hour trying to order something online. I didn't know what it was called.

You know that clasp that are on some hats? The one where you push it in and make the draw strings shorter or longer, then let it go and it keeps it there? I've also seen them on backpacks to cinch stuff closed and I've seen them on lanyards to make them smaller.

I searched the Internet for "clasps", for "spring loaded clasps", for "spring loaded friction clasps", all the way to "the little things you use to alter the chin straps on aussie caps". I was a search engine fool, but I couldn't figure out what they were called and I needed one.

Well, I am here to tell you that those little effers are called "cord locks" and I ordered 10 of them for $5.95.

My most favorite Durango blogs are when he blogs about me. But, today is going to be a twofer. I can't very well leave you with a link to another blog that's mostly a quote of something that I wrote yesterday. A few days ago Durango blogged about some Trinity River Tubing Boondoggle Craziness.

What really got my attention was the koozie. Today I've been scouring the Internet for a beer shirt that says, "Let me hold your cans". Or maybe, "Can I hold your cans while you pour my beer?". It was inspired by the koozie. But, alas, I've been unsuccessful in my endeavors. I guess I should have attended the boondoggle. At least I would've gotten a free "Let me hold your cans" koozie.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Gar, you are erroneous regarding getting a free "Let Me Hold Your Cans" koozie simply by attending the Rockin' the River Happy Hour Inner Tube Float. You had to buy a "Clean Swimmin' Dirty Livin'" tank top and with that purchase you are given one of the coveted kozies. I thought your incoming new wife was working to break you of your habit of wearing message t-shirts that are so totally age inappropriate for someone of your advanced age.

    ReplyDelete