You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Carnival Cruising on the Conquest: Day 6

I've been really falling down on my blogging duties. Sorry about that.

Day 6 found us in Cozumel. I've been to Cozumel before and I'm not a big fan of it. It's a little too touristy for my blood.

We went to all the shops that are right there on the docks. It's like a feeding frenzy of souvenir shopping. After we were done spending money, we stopped at Fat Tuesday which is a bar right on the coast. It's s fun bar. They play good music, have good margaritas and pretty shot girls in short shorts and cleavage baring sheriff costumes.

Without further ado. Here are some pictures.

Here is a picture showing the tourist trap that is the Cozumel beach/landing pad. You can see all the people walking down the pier heading blindly into the souvenir mecca.










There were two Carnival ships parked side by side this day. Here's a lovely picture of your host standing between the two monoliths.














There were actually four cruise ships parked at Cozumel. Here's a picture of 3. I tried to get all 4 in the picture, but one of them was a ways off.














This is the back/bar portion of Fat Tuesday. I like the swinging bar chairs. Swings make me sick so I can't imagine sitting in a swing at a bar, but apparently it's popular. I especially like the "Free Samples" thing. I'm not sure what it was pointing at. But, it entertained me on several levels. Alas, I am, it would seem, easily amused.
















Balloon hats were strangely popular at certain sections of Cozumel. I remember the wind was blowing really hard and I was wondering why people purchased these things. I saw several of them blowing away.















My favorite part of Cozumel was the local law enforcement.














Here is the Fat Tuesday bar. I like this picture because it shows you the wide variety of beach wear you get to see on your cruise of choice. Although some of it is probably better not seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment