You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Reminiscing Blisters

Yesterday had me bowling and reminiscing. Or maybe I was bowling yesterday and reminiscing today? I can't seem to remember.

Here's what I learned: don't bowl in a button down long sleeve shirt with the cuffs buttoned.

Why, you ask? I'll tell you why. I creates pit cloth burns. I'm almost blistered. Even typing is uncomfortable. I'd take pictures, but then you'd see my right moob and no one wants to see that.

The reminiscing is more fun! It's Durango's fault. He reminded me of my old hangout in Euless called Gators. About a decade a go there were some weeks where I'd spend 5 nights at Gators. They had some good party bands Thursday thru Saturday, free pool on Sunday, karaoke on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have countless stories that took place at Gators. A few years ago they closed the place down. It wasn't long after that, they bulldozed it. I still get a tear when I drive by it's resting place at Westpark Way and 183.

At one point I thought about opening a new bar in its location and calling it, "White Trash is Back". But, it was just an idea.

Many of my epic social failures start out with, "Remember that one time, at Gators?"

No comments:

Post a Comment