You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Amarillo, Canyon & Palo Duro

Last week, I was on my yearly safari to the Panhandle too see my parents and experience a family reunion of sorts (my 2 sisters, my brother and several screaming children). I hope you didn't miss me too much. And they didn't really scream too much.

Out in the Palo Duro Canyon (pictured above), they have a historical musical drama called Texas. I've seen it several times. It seems to get longer every time. But, it's good. If you've never seen it, it's well worth the trip.

My dad grew up in this area (Canyon, TX). All of us went to college in Canyon. When my dad went, it was called West Texas State College. When my older sister went, it was West Texas State University. When I went it was still West Texas State University, but it was integrated into the A&M system so my diploma says, "West Texas State University, a division of Texas A&M". By the time my little sister went, it was West Texas A&M University. I didn't like it there. I liked some of the teachers, but I don't remember learning anything and I didn't get along with anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment