You May Be Missing Something!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Heating Up The Earth

I recently blogged about Al Gore and the fact that he might actually be a doofus.

I didn't get too many people agreeing with me. Someone who I love and adore politely corrected me.

So, I'm going to re-evaluate my position. Yes, we are adding to global warming. It wouldn't hurt anything to cut back. Al Gore still irritates me with his over dramatic political rhetoric that he spreads whilst flying around in his jet.

But, that's not why I'm here. I was presented an interesting article that talked about global warming in a fairly polite form. It's here. Part of it talked about new gases that could and probably will pose more of a threat to the climate than CO2. You should probably read it.

One of the new gases that they are saying they have seen is methane, but they don't know where it comes from. Therefore, I find this article rather amusing.

But my favorite article about man's impact on the climate is from a Time article written in 1974. I know that if you've gotten this far, you are probably tired of reading articles, but the 1974 article is the best. It goes to prove that the media is out to make things sound more severe than they are in order to sell papers. If you get the public all up in arms about something, then the papers that talk about that "something" will fly off the shelves. Or maybe we really are going to freeze to death.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't know til you read that 1974 TIME article that the media is wired to go thru 30 year cycles? Our current we're doomed due to the globe warming cycle should be about over by 2025 when the Globe should start another cooling cycle. By then, Al Gore will likely no longer be a living creature on the planet. I hope he doesn't plan on being cremated and thus contributing to global warming emmissions.

    ReplyDelete