You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, May 12, 2008

Turn me on Elections!

Somebody announced on some blog somewhere that I am a Libertarian. I don’t really like titles. The whole party system irritates me for the most part. There should really be a minimalist party. The Libertarian party wants limited government, but the way in which they go about it is too complex (at least in my opinion). I might blog more about this later.

Obama says he wants “change”. I haven’t seen or heard anything from him that indicates this. It all sounds like political mumbo jumbo to me. If it was between Obama and Clinton, I’d vote for Obama simply because I’ve heard the surnames Bush and Clinton way too much in the last 20 years.

Most of the time I kind of like what McCain has to say. My big complaint with him is he could be Bush’s brother and even though he talks about limited government the government underneath Bush’s leadership grew faster than ever. I don’t want to take that chance. However, given the choice between McCain and either of the democratic candidates I’d pick McCain.

I’d vote for Ron Paul before I’d vote for any of the above. But, Ron Paul’s personal beliefs are very contradictory to mine and I wonder if a person can keep his personal beliefs to himself when he is in a position of power. Can a good Christian, God fearing person take the helm of the greatest country in the world and not make changes defending the “good book”? I have my doubts. But, apparently he is still in the race and causing some interesting commotion…

Who is Bob Barr?

Today he threw his hat in as a Libertarian and is expected to win the nomination. Apparently Libertarian’s don’t spend millions of tax payer dollars campaigning across the USA. He’s expected to win the nomination held in Denver over Memorial Day weekend. Ballot access is also an interesting game. I read a little bit about Bob Barr and I like what he had to say. Of course, all of the “experts” think he’ll have some impact on the campaign but has no chance of winning. I personally believe that most media outlets are not much smarter than those at the Star Telegram and can’t do arithmetic when more than 2 candidates are involved so they only cover the cutest 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment