You May Be Missing Something!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Franklin, Marijuana, Privacy & Freedom

Benjamin Franklin once said, “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security”.

But, Gar says, “How much privacy would you give up for more freedom? .

Currently, certain drugs, commonly known as, “fun drugs” are illegal.

Would it be worth it, to you, to be able to smoke pot freely if the government implanted a tracking device in the fatty tissue of your buttocks?

What if the government agreed to get out of the marriage business in exchange for you accepting this tracking device?

What if the government agreed to cut your taxes by 50% in exchange for this tracking device?

What if the government agreed that it could cut its expenditures by 75% in exchange for every American having this device?

I don’t give a rat’s ass about privacy.  The government can watch me spank my monkey all day long for all I care.  Who needs privacy?

However, personal freedom is very important to me.  It irritates me that I only live once and there are certain things that the government tells me I can’t do.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any fatty tissue in my buttocks. Can the tracking device be inserted some other place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so subtle.

    Maybe they should insert it immediately below the skull in the squishy tissue of your brain. It would be harder to tamper with that way and at some point in the future they might be able to read your mind thus preventing crimes before they ever happen!

    ReplyDelete