You May Be Missing Something!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Falkenberg

I believe it's time to present to you what I believe will be the last installment of my latest trip to Germany. My wife's grandparents live in Falkenberg. Oma (or Omi) and Opa (or Opi) she calls them.
It was to be the relaxing portion of my trip. Whenever we visit them they always put the Texas flag on their flag pole. This time they put their state flag underneath. It's the state of Brandenburg if I remember correctly. I also had to explain to them that the red goes on bottom. They had it upside down when I arrived and I didn't need any help so they fixed it.

Sec. 3100.053. ORIENTATION ON FLAGPOLE OR FLAGSTAFF. If the state flag is displayed on a flagpole or flagstaff, the white stripe should be at the top of the flag, except as a signal of dire distress in an instance of extreme danger to life or property.

They have a very nice house. It's one of my favorite houses that I've ever been to. In this trip my wife signed some papers giving ownership of the house to her. I don't know what to think of it. Obviously part of the agreement was that her grandparents will continue to live at and maintain the property. It's complicated.

They have a wonderful backyard with fountains and lights and fruit trees and gardens and wasps. Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Anyway, I love the house. The only thing I don't like about it is it has no Internet. I believe that can be remedied. You get to have some beautiful sunsets and you get to have some beautiful women sitting out front.

1 comment: