You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Fly On The Wall Syndrome

All my life I've had this desire to observe people without being observed. I think when I turned 30, I decided it was time to let my light shine (so people would notice me of course).

But, occasionally, I still go back to my old ways. I've discovered other people's blogs are wonderful for doing this. You are basically getting to witness a new level of social interaction. And, what's more, if you look hard enough, you can find social interaction from all over the world.

I've been watching Americans, and mostly Texans, for over 30 years now. Suddenly with blogs, and the resulting dialog, I can "virtually" watch other people from other countries. It's simply amazing that we are all humans on this planet and are all strongly influenced by our individual upbringing and circumstances.

A while ago I blogged about a blog from Singapore that I've been reading. Last week, he blogged about how other bloggers are taking the wrong angle looking at a citizen who set a member of parliament on fire. It's better if you read it here, but I'll summarize for the lazy or those induced by advertisements. An old 70 year old guy set this government official on fire and is being praised as a hero of sorts. Ghost's take is that the guy should be punished (which I agree with). Violence begets violence and all. Other bloggers in that area don't necessarily share this opinion.

Anyway, the amazing part is that it's got over 50 comments so far. And although all these people are saying various things and having a heated argument. They are all voicing their opinions in a coherent way. It's inteligent people having an inteligent conversation. I tried to join in, but as an American, I don't think you can fully understand the circumstances.

Then if got me to thinking about my ongoing dilemma of removing power from money and can it be done? Well, apparently this old man thought that he could remove someone's power by setting them on fire. Is violence the only way to remove power from the wealthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment