You May Be Missing Something!

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Questions that Can't Be Answered or Have No Answer

I've been reading lately. I think I am going to do book reports as future blog fodder. But, until I have time to do a book report, I'll just let you know that one of the books I am reading is "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield. One of the major themes in the book is courage. However, he notes that courage is not the opposite of fear. So, what is the opposite of fear? He answers it later by saying the opposite of fear is love, but I think that's just the contextual opposite in that particular setting. You'd have to read the book. I don't think there is an opposite of fear.

My other puzzle that I've been trying to figure out is how do you remove power from wealth? Is it possible to separate the two? Can you have billions of dollars and not be powerful? I've decided it's not possible. No matter what scenario you come up with, money always equals power.

No comments:

Post a Comment